May 13, 2010

Swim With Aloha!

I honestly haven't ran since Parkway and am kind of on a hiatus.  It just seems like my feet are fighting the pavement, and frankly I just have a somewhat sour taste in my mouth after Parkway.  In relationship terms, I guess you can say we are on a break.

In the meantime, I've really gotten into swimming and cycling and did a little of both today.  The low impact of swimming has been good to my joints and has been fun now that the weather is getting warmer.  I think being in the water and not drenched in sweat masks how good of a workout it is and I don't realize it until the next day when my body feels achey.  Cycling has also been great too.  I've taken classes (inconsistently) for a while now and am ready to become certified and start teaching myself.  I'm super excited to be able to lead my own class to some awesome music and have a good time!

I figure I'll lace up my running shoes when I'm in the mood again.  You can't force the shoe if the shoe don't fit, if you know what I mean.

1 comment:

  1. I love swimming too!!! AND you would be a GREAT cycling instructor :)

    ReplyDelete